Term Position until September 15, 2021
CMHA Saskatoon is looking for a Vocational Counsellor to be part of our team as we support people with mental health needs secure employment. You will join a dedicated and dynamic team of people who believe in a holistic, strength-based approach in meeting the needs of the people we serve. Your job will include working with people to determine their goals and skills, developing and implementing vocational plans, assisting with job marketing, working with community agencies and supporting employers to access employment programs and make accommodations to their workplaces.
- University degree or the equivalent in a human service field such as Psychology and Social Work.
- At least 2 years experience working with people with disabilities, including mental health.
- Experience with vocational programs and working collaboratively in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent communications skills.
- Community development experience is an asset.
Salary and Benefits
- This position is in scope with a starting salary of $3767/month. CMHA Saskatoon has a comprehensive benefits package and is a flexible workplace.
- We work an average of 35hours/week and earn a day off every 2 weeks. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter along with 3 references, no later than October 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Faith Bodnar, Executive Director.
We are located on Treaty 6 Territory, the traditional territory of the Cree Peoples and the Homeland of the Metis Nation