Tykes and Tots Early Learning Centre – mental health and wellness are core to their children programs and their staff. Creating a health sense of community within the agency means everyone thrives.
· Tykes and Tots priority is care not just for the children but also the adult who care for them.
· Tykes and Tots has regular check-ins with staff to see what supports are needed from management. These meetings are both formal and informal and staff know that a manager’s door is always open. We also know that conflict is healthy and a part of daily life. We help our educators resolve conflicts by providing mediation and tools to have meaningful conversations.
· Maintaining good mental health is often a point of discussion and is seen as integral to the health of the organization as a whole. Wellness days and time off is encouraged.
· The management team has taken Mental Health First Aid and there are plans in place to offer this training to supervisors and other staff.
· Professional development and growth is a strong focus for Tykes and Tots. Staff are encouraged to take classes to gain a better understanding of the early learning field.
· The organization works to strengthen the community by partnering with other community groups to host pop-up playgrounds, to promote active play, to offer parent education classes and to host family events.
· Every year, the organization hosts a retreat foe the entire organization to come together, connect and grow.