Saskatoon Crisis Intervention Service – celebrating 40 years serving Saskatoon, employees are supported to be their best individually and as a collective as they support people during crisis. This agency prioritizes employee mental wellness, skill development and team building.
· SCIS has a work culture that recognizes the ongoing importance of supporting everyone in the workplace to be the best they can be as individuals and as a collective. They have worked hard to create an environment of trust and safety to collectively and effectively deal with concerns in a relaxed, respectful and non-adversarial way.
· The strengths of staff are celebrated along with attention to the needs of individuals and the group that may enhance confidence, capacity, safety, and mental health.
· The Wellness Committee keeps informed about staff needs and interests offering information and tips related to general wellness including nutrition, sleep, exercise, mental health and more. There is good uptake on our book club and activities that promote teamwork and friendship.
· Community partnerships extend the team process to a larger level that also helps share the load, decrease isolation and promotes health for all.
· SCIS supports staff to attend conferences, training and wellness events. A recent helpful exercise consisted of identifying the “protective factors” that keep our staff mentally and physically safe, so we keep others safe daily.