Saskatchewan Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – ensures that the values of empathy, compassion and respect are part of the entire agency and all that it does. Staff experience a judgement free workplace that supports growth and development. Volunteers from all backgrounds are integral in bringing the mission to life.
· The Saskatchewan SPCA has created an incredibly supportive work culture and a positive, healthy work environment, reinforced with compassionate programs and strong people-focused processes.
· Employees are encouraged to grow in their respective positions through collaboration, both with their colleagues and through networking with project partners and beyond. Staff support each other and work together to ensure the health of the organization.
· Continuous learning is encouraged, and employees are sent to conferences and training sessions relevant to their respective projects and are encouraged to participate in training webinars.
· The organization supports the community at large by providing opportunities for individuals living with mental illness to be involved with community by engaging them in interesting, meaningful, relevant volunteer work. As new projects are developed, the Saskatchewan SPCA looks for ways to create meaningful employment opportunities for individuals living with a disability (ies).
· Regular staff meetings are used as opportunities to recognize employee efforts and accomplishments. There is a process in place by which employees who feel they are not being heard can ensure their voices are promoted and their concerns are met.