Fran is taking A Million Steps for Mental Health on the Meewasin Valley Trails and has a goal of raising $10,000 along the way!
And she’s already half way there!
Walking is great for our physical and mental health.
But we tell ourselves we can’t find the time, we’re tired, we’ll start tomorrow, and if you live in SK, sometimes we tell ourselves it’s not safe to be outside, because it is COLD.
We know looking after our physical health can help us mentally, especially through winter. Even during Covid-19 restrictions, one thing we can do is get out and walk. As Fran says, “The importance of Meewasin and mental health has truly been illuminated during COVID-19, and most of us can agree we are using trails and the riverbank more than ever. I am one of many, coping and using the trails.”
To get involved, Frances encourages others to:
– Donate to the Meewasin Valley Authority and CMHA Saskatoon by March 30th!
– Get out on the trail and share your experience
– Challenge yourself and others to set and track any activity or wellness goals
– Share this page to encourage donations
– Share any of the above using the #millionstepsformentalhealth