McKerracher Centre – focusing on staff and client well-being and offering a variety of programs and supports for those with mental illness and substance use issues and their loved ones. Staff work hard to create a welcoming environment for all, celebrating the talents and skills of staff and clients.
· McKerracher has developed a culture where staff is valued, and discussion is encouraged. The staff hold regular meetings to express concerns, discuss ongoing accomplishments of clients and staff. At monthly meetings, staff successes or shared unless acknowledgement in a 1:1 situation is preferred.
· Programming is planned together, and employees are encouraged to attend ongoing educational opportunities. They are offered support in time in lieu and funding as available. Training opportunities are shared within the building and a clinical educator assists in bringing in guest speakers.
· A social committee is responsible for organizing cards of recognition for special events in staff’s lives, and potluck and cake celebrations involve the entire organization. Important information is shared at “huddles” and staff hold weekly check-ins with each other.
· EAP programs are promoted through prominent signage and staff discussions, and all staff are encouraged to take the time they need to regain their health after an illness.
· There is a Health and Safety Committee and safety codes are reinforced.
· Discussions are held around “beacons of hope” promoting inclusivity and providing the welcome everyone deserves. Administration staff are trained and helpful in answering questions to assist staff and visitors.
· There are numerous groups and activities and client services that foster recovery from various mental health concerns.