Become A Member
There are two levels of membership to CMHA Saskatoon Branch. Both memberships must be renewed on an annual basis. Memberships are current until March 31st of every year.
CMHA Provincial Membership
This membership is available to any citizen who supports the mission of CMHA and purchases an annual membership. A membership purchased guarantees membership in the local, provincial and national organization.
Members are vital to every citizen organization. Membership serves the Association in the five following ways:
- It involves a broad section of the community to ensure the Association’s policies and directions are relevant and sensitive.
- It provides a medium of informing the public regarding mental health issues.
- It provides a source of volunteers for the Association’s broad range of activities. The informed citizen is more likely to get involved.
- It reflects citizen power in negotiations with government and other institutions.
- Substantial potential revenue, bequests and other forms of planned contributions are generated through membership.
The benefits of a Provincial Membership are:
- An opportunity to elect Branch and Provincial Board of Directors, serve on the Board and to attend local educational events.
- An opportunity to attend a Divisional annual meeting and conference, to elect it’s Board of Directors, determine policy and learn more about mental health issues.
- Receipt of the TRANSITION magazine to fee paying members. TRANSITION magazine includes a “membership and donation” section which will list new members, supporting members, patrons, professional and organizational members, together with statistics on membership.
- All members will receive a Membership card.
- Access to the Association’s printed/audio-visual material and information regarding mental health and educational opportunities.
- An opportunity to be part of a nation wide group promoting mental health and advocating on behalf of the mentally ill.
The cost of a Provincial Membership is $2.00 for clients and $15.00 for the general public.
To apply for or renew a Provincial Membership, please drop in to the CMHA Saskatoon Branch or download the CMHA Membership Renewal Form 2018-2019.