Gabriel Dumont Institute – prioritizes finding the right fit for an employee skills and capacities and the work to be done. As well, it is important that each employee understand change management in this dynamic institution and how their work contributes to the larger organization.
· Leadership understands how everyone’s work contribute to the organization and manage change accordingly. Employees are included in discussions about how work is done and how important decisions are made.
· Mental health and personal safety and well-being are top priorities for staff and students and are celebrated when milestones or recoveries occur.
· Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, as well as other mental health professional development opportunities are made available to all staff, and in-house presentations on mental health well being, safety, and support are provided for both staff and students.
· Employees are well trained for the position they hold and are supported by leadership to excel.
· Staff can access training and professional development conferences and seminars, and information gained from that training is shared amongst all. By doing so, all employees feel connected to the work environment and are motivated to do their best work in a knowledgeable way.
· Workplace culture is characterized by trust, honesty, and fairness. The staff are supported by policies and procedures for conflict resolution.
· Staff and students are encouraged to give back to the community and to contribute to wellness from within their own communities. Funding is made available to students so they can access training and help them build better lives.
· As a Metis organization, Metis culture is supported and promoted.