May 12, 2020
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Canadian Mental Health Association
1301 Avenue P North
Families Matter is a strength-based, family-centered initiative that empowers, builds capacity and resilience and reduces the need for crisis interventions.
Goals and Objectives
- Build strong community connections for families and be solution focused.
- Tap into the strength of families so that they can support others in their journey.
- Keep families strong by providing education and information on mental health and related issues.
- Keep families healthy and connected to each other and their community.
- Provide holistic support for families and a pathway to other services both within CMHA and the wider community.
- Reduce stigma about mental health and enhance the capacity of families to contribute their knowledge and expertise to making Saskatoon a stronger, healthier city for everyone.
- Help families navigate the mental health system and facilitate access to supports and services.
- Provide ongoing follow-up, counselling and referral for families as needed.
- Develop awareness tools that highlight the essential role of families in creating healthy communities.
*In order to participate in Families Matter you must be registered. Please call 306-384-9333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.