CMHA-Saskatoon Branch, Inc. is a non-profit organization, which assists and supports people with mental illness to maximize their potential and to achieve positive mental health in their lives as community members. The enhancement of mental health in the community is achieved through programs and services, public education and advocacy.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Mentally healthy people in a healthy society.
Our Key Values and Principles
- Embracing the voice of people with mental health issues.
- Promoting inclusion.
- Working collaboratively.
- Influencing the social determinants of health (e.g. housing, justice).
- Focusing on the mental health needs of all age groups.
- Using evidence to inform our work.
- Being transparent and accountable.
Our Core Functions
We fulfill our mission by:
- Building capacity-Strengthening the capacity of individuals, families, professionals, organizations, and communities to address mental health needs.
- Influencing policy-Influencing the design and implementation of policies and services related to mental health.
- Providing services-Providing services and supports that maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
- Developing resources-Building the financial and human resources and partnerships required to address mental health needs.
Strengthening Our Voice
- Heightened awareness and value of CMHA brand.
- Increased influence over national, provincial and local policies.
- Broadened contact with an impact on the lives of people in Canada.
Ensuring Quality Services
- High quality, evidence-based CMHA services that improve people’s lives.
- Widely recognized flagship programs delivered across the country.
- Innovation in programs and services.
Enhancing Our Organizational Health
- Strengthened CMHA governance and organizational framework.
- Improved internal communication.
- Improved recruitment, development and retention of volunteers.
- Increased fundraising capacity.